For one of my sole trader customers who pays a monthly fixed fee I provide the full financial function including:
- Raising invoices and debt management on a weekly basis
- Payroll on a monthly basis and all payroll reporting
- Bookkeeping on an ongoing basis including bank reconciliation
- Year-end accounts including profit and loss account and balance sheet
- Self-assessment calculation and filing
In addition, at no additional cost I provide budgeting and I undertook a pricing review for the customer’s business which resulted in a revamped pricing structure.
In May 2011, a new limited liability customer approached me two weeks before the statutory accounts were due to be filed with Companies House and HMRC. The customer had completed payroll but no other bookkeeping had been done. I completed the:
- produced the year end accounts
- filed the accounts on time with Companies House
- filed the corporation tax return on time with HMRC.